Contact Us

The Most Trusted & Experienced immigration Consultants


Family Visa

The Canadian Government does realize that families hope to be together and migration is allowed for a lot of members of the family. Some family members – such as spouses and reliant children – can be integrated on the initial visa application for new immigrants to Canada, while parents, grandparents, and others must be sponsored by Canadian citizens and everlasting inhabitants.

Requirements for family immigration
Spouses and Partners

Our spouse or common-law partner can usually be integrated in your own request for immigration. A common-law partner is a person who can be of any sex (including same-sex partners) and has been staying with you as a partner for at least 1 year. Parallel information needs to be provided for your partner as for the "Principal Applicant" (yourself) on the visa application form.

Your spouse's reliant children can also be integrated on your visa application.

This is normally a simple family immigration application to make.


As of August 2014 only reliant children under the age of 19 can be incorporated in your visa application, apart from the children having certain physical and/or mental disabilities and health conditions, who have no age limit.

A dependent child is any child under the age of 19 who does not have a spouse or partner, or any child of any age who is monetarily dependent on you (or your spouse) due to a physical or mental disability or health condition.

If you or your spouse's dependent children have dependent children of their own, these children can also be included on your visa application.

Parents and Grandparents

Generally the parents cannot be included on the initial visa application, and must as an alternative be sponsored by a permanent resident or citizen, except in rare cases where the parents or grandparents are living in some poverty, and there are forceful caring and concerned reasons to permit them to be incorporated on the first application.


In order to sponsor your parents and grandparents to enter Canada as permanent residents you and your parent(s)/grandparent(s) must co-sign a sponsorship agreement, which states:

  • That you will provide them with financial support if necessary – such as if they become unemployed, for a period of between 3 and 10 years.
  • That your parent(s)/grandparent(s) will take all wise actions to maintain themselves monetarily.

Remaining Relative Visa

Nurturing the family reunification plan, Canada offers Remaining Relative visa to join up families. Canadians who do not have any immediate family relatives in Canada or abroad, can sponsor a comprehensive relative from abroad. Through this program, Canadian citizen and permanent Canadian resident is allowed to sponsor one relative in spite of age or relationship under the family category. On sanction, the left over relative will be permitted for permanent residency, work and study in Canada.

Want to know about How to apply for Canada PR Visa?
Contact to our Canada Immigration experts at +91 7303450222


What Our Beloved Clients Says

The Best Immigration Consultants for Canada, Australia, United States, United Kingdom, Hong Kong, New Zealand and Gulf

Start Your Overseas Journey with Universal Adviser